Wednesday, November 18, 2015

OH to LA to NZ

Here was the plan:
Step 1.) Go home for three weeks to Ohio to see family and friends. Also, pack!
Step 2.) Fly to LA for a day and a half, visit with friends and look around some.
Step 3.) Fly to Auckland, NZ with Ashlea. Spend two weeks on the North Island then fly to the South Island for another two weeks. Then fly to Melbourne, Australia and live there for eight months.
__________________________________________________________________________

Step 1.)

I finished packing and went to church with the family before my parents took me to the airport at 4am on Monday for my flight to LA. My bag was just under weight although thank goodness they didn't weigh my backpack, hehe sneaky me.


Step 2.)


I visited Venice Beach then the Walt Disney Concert Hall (I studied this architecture in a college course) since I didn't have too much time in LA. I was lucky enough to stay with a best friend from high school at her place by the airport. We are only able to see each other about once a year and since I am not home for the holidays this year this was our chance which made it extra special.



Step 3.)
Flying to Auckland was my first international flight was obviously my longest. It was 13 hours and I was glad to have Ashlea sitting next to me. I watched two movies, slept for 6 hours, and ate yummy meals. We left LA on Tuesday night and arrived in Auckland on Thursday morning, having completely skipped over Wednesday since we crossed the international date line. It was weird thinking that I didn't exist but at least I was comfortable and eating dessert on a plane.


No comments:

Post a Comment