Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Three weeks at home

Home! Finally! Since putting in my application for camp (and in a whirlwind of the same week booking my ticket and flying out to camp) I had been away from Ohio for 11 weeks. While that isn't a long time compared to other stints away it all happened so quickly to begin with, that whirlwind week I mentioned above, that by the time I got home and finally took a breath it all then began to sink in. I was living very in-the-present while at camp which was wonderful. I had no true idea what the date was all summer long because all I needed to know was that campers came on Sunday and left again on Friday, repeat, repeat, repeat. I had a day to day routine but actually couldn't tell you what the day was. Coming home I immediately felt pressure to know what day it was and plan my time accordingly. I had three weeks to cram as much family and friend time into my schedule while also cramming things into my suitcase. In three weeks time I was leaving again, for longer than 11 weeks this time and much further than across the country. I was preparing for the Southern Hemisphere Adventure, taking me to two countries for nine months. But again, before that began I settled back into home.

Ashlea came to Ohio with me and another camp counselor, Lyz, in order to spend time in a new place with our families until Ashlea and I flew to Auckland, NZ together where her parents would meet us both. So while in Cincinnati Ashlea had a birthday to celebrate and Lyz and I did it up in true midwest style-a trip to the Disney store, shopping, lunch out, home cooked special birthday dinner, and of course cake!


So many people to see and so little time. The days kept going by and by and I was lucky enough to spend time with some of my favorite people. (Yes, I know, I have a lot of favorite people.) Many walks around the park, visiting friend's new apartments, trips to Mom's grocery store, a visit to Young's Jersey Dairy, a day at the Great American Ball Park for a Reds game, Sundays at church, putting the tent up in the backyard, sleepovers with friends, babysitting, dinner and beer at Roosters, and spending time on the couch watching Family Feud. Erin, stopped by to visit me? (actually to see my parents and sister truly) and feast on Mom's delicious cooking. 

             

Red's game!

      

And just as soon as it all began, it was time for me to be...leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again...yep. I have been asked by many if I will settle in Ohio eventually and at the current moment my answer is "probably not". I LOVE that Ohio is home and that my family and friends are still there for me to visit/ It was a wonderful place to grow up and I love being a midwest girl. But my head and my heart are honestly just beginning to adventure and explore so I am going to see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment