Sunday, November 15, 2015

What I learned from a summer at camp

[Disclaimer: This is the first of many backlogged posts that I am hopeful will be published this week. In my absence of writing I have noticed that I am craving this space to express the words in my head that otherwise might go unsaid and furthermore might be unremembered. Hoping that will not be the case I am attempting to recall many moments over the past few months. Here goes...]


1. Summer is meant to be fun so enjoy it!
2. Lean into your fears and challenge zone by trying things that make you nervous or slightly scared.
From the top of Wind Mountain with wildfire smoke filling the Gorge.
My two favorite internationals.
International and Ohio spirit went to Washington and conquered!
3. Sooooo many camp songs that make no sense yet are ridiculously fun!
4. Girl Scouts are always prepared. As in, yes we can still cook things for dinner when we are not allowed to have campfires.
5. You are capable of more than you can imagine.
6. There is nothing better than sleeping under the stars and listening to the wind hum you to sleep and being awoken by the sun shining through the trees reaching high into the sky.
7. One can survive off of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and granola bars for many days/weeks in a row.
8. Communal meals are important, and can be very goofy! (ship wreck meal, galaxy meal, Harry Potter meals, etc.)
9. Go.hike.mountains.
10. You meet some of the best people and get to work with awesome individuals!

So long Camp Arrowhead! Thanks for the memories!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment