Monday, August 18, 2014

The beginning of the end...

JVC has ended.
I left Syracuse.
I stopped working at Samaritan Center.
I no longer live in a two story brick house with a yellow bedroom.
I no longer live with six other young adults who chose to do a year of service like me.
It's over and I cannot believe it.
A year, gone, so quickly.

    JVC is a unique organization (for many reasons) but especially because the volunteers from year to year do not meet one another. My community members and I ended work on Friday, August 8th. Then we left town on Saturday, August 9th. (and the new JV's moved into the house the following Tuesday) The transition out of this year and into the future is something that will take me quite some time. Obviously, I had to get home somehow so a road trip seemed like a good idea. Here is the itinerary...multiple posts to follow...

Day 1: Syracuse, NY to Dayton, OH (9 hour drive) [my house, but then I continued on...]
Day 2: Dayton,OH to Boonville, MO (8 hour drive) [significant stop in St. Louis along the way]
Day 3: Boonville, MO to Denver, CO (11 hour drive) [stopped in Kansas City, MO]
Day 4: Denver
Day 5: Denver, CO to Santa Fe, NM (6 hour drive)
Day 6: Santa Fe
Day 7: Santa Fe
Day 8: Albuquerque, NM to Phoenix, AZ (1 hour flight)
Day 9: Phoenix/Sedona/Flagstaff
Day 10: Phoenix
Day 11: Phoenix, NM to Dayton, OH (2 flights, many hours)

[And after I talk through the road trip details I will provide an update to the forever question "what's next?"]

The photos we left in the house of our community. (Each year adds to the wall.)


Bye yellow bedroom.
Each person who has lived in the house adds to the wall.

All packed up, no visibility out the back but who needs to see anyways?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment