Thursday, May 21, 2015

Kansas City: Monthly recap

November: I traveled to my favorite city, St. Louis to see a dear high school/college friend get married. The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was the first to showcase the newly renovated Union Station featuring a projection show on the ceiling! I took a few days off of work for the occasion and was able to see other friends in the city. And by the way, the $1 Megabus tickets do exist...if you are the very first one to book that specific ride; my round trip from Kansas City to St. Louis was $3.25 with tax. I enjoyed Thanksgiving with my family and probably ate more turkey than I ever have before.




December: It was such fun to be in Kansas City for December because so many birthdays happen the first few weeks including mine, my uncle, Mima, and Papa! I enjoyed celebrating birthdays and Christmas in simple ways by just being with family and friends, nothing super extravagant.

January: FAMILY! My older sister and her family came to Kansas City for a visit from Australia. This is such a big occasion that my parents and sister came in from Ohio and my brother from Arizona plus more family from Texas. We enjoyed the time together by playing cards, dominoes, watching movies, taking hikes, cooking, and laughing. This gathering happens about once every two years and we all enjoy it so much, soaking in the time and making it count for the next two years apart. Later in the month I enjoyed some quality cousin/aunt time with my gals (we traveled together to Hawaii a few years ago) and we ventured to Weston, Missouri to explore a winery and brewery that were recommended to us and included delicious tastings!







February: My time in Liberty came to a close the first full weekend in February. That last week at work I enjoyed time with the clients and my favorite life-long-friends/co-workers. A trip to the famous KC Roasterie (COFFEE!) was a must and then girl's night out was stretched out all week with evening time spent together after work. I traveled home to Ohio by driving with my aunt and cousin to St. Louis and then continued the way with my high school besties which was a wonderful time to catch up and chat.








My time in Kansas City was wonderful! It was such a blessing to work with the clients at Immacolata Manor and be inspired by their lives, independence, and successes. I am incredibly thankful to my aunt and uncle and their family for opening their home and lives to me for five months. Experience is a gift that I am always grateful to receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment