Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Tomorrow

     I don't have much to say. I am all packed: a carry on plus a backpack for the plane and orientation while a big suitcase and two boxes are being shipped to Syracuse. I am at orientation for 5 days and will then be traveling to Syracuse and beginning work on the 19th. I need to shower, I need to sleep, I need to take a tylenol and calm down. As one friend reminded me, I have wanted this for so long! I have been dreaming of this life for a few years now and I am well prepared as I begin this journey! (I am currently saying that on repeat in my head.)
     This IS wonderful! And although my stomach is in knots due to the anxiousness and worry, I know this is what I am meant to be doing and that is all I need. Remarkably so I have been relatively calm throughout the summer as I have counted down the days until August 8th arrived. I am excited to meet my community members and to live with them this year. I am excited to tell everyone from home (side note: the "home" clump has come to include both my family and friends from Dayton, Cincinnati, Kansas City, and St. Louis (and all those who ventured away from those places) because otherwise I would have to explain the difference between all of the places that are in my heart and calling them all "home" feels right anyway) about my life and what I am going through. I am exited to meet the people at Samaritan Center and being working. So here I go with butterflies in my tummy and a smile on my face, ready to greet the morning with bright eyes and an open mind. To Syracuse I go!

2 comments:

  1. You must have some great friends! Be strong and be outgoing. Everyone is supporting you and you will do great things. Buen camino, Bob!

    ReplyDelete