Thursday, June 27, 2013

8,240 Days Young


I saw this posted on one of my best friend's pages; please read, enjoy, and ponder. Life insights.


     There is something about being in my 20's that makes me grateful. I recognize that I am quite privileged in today's society and I strive to use this privilege to make the world better. I (hope) know that I have so much more life to live and yet, if I don't, I know it was not for naught. I am proud of my life thus far, I try not to live with regrets because every decision (wrong or right) is an opportunity to learn and grow. 

What have I done thus far? 
I believe I have made a difference in others' lives. I graduated college and got to study something I love, I got to go dancing with friends and visit a beautiful island with family; I have tried fun foods, I have been to concerts and I have helped others find God. And I have laughed! Oh, how I have laughed. Laughed so hard that I am on the floor in the fetal position crying and unable to breathe because a good friend ticked my soul. Sure, I could go on but I think you get the point, I am glad to be in my 20's with so much of my life left to live, so much more love to give and receive. I look forward to the rest of my life because I can already smile about my past.

     I may be young, and society tells me that I am too young to do some things (rent a car?) and too old to do others (restaurant play grounds and kids meals?) but I am experiencing some of the most incredible years of my life, no matter how long I live. I try to embrace the world around me, to grow from change and challenge, to be proud of myself and put my talents to work. I try to look at the bright side, to see the glass half full, to believe in the power of education, kindness, and love. I love myself, I love my family, my friends, classmates, professors, coworkers, strangers, and God. I am privileged with a perspective that puts others first, that forces me to ask myself "how can I be and do better?". 
        
    Being 22 and a half...very important...is a privilege, it allows me to be silly like a child and mature like an adult, to be delighted about going to both DisneyWorld and also a History Museum.  While I try not to base my life on the lyrics of Taylor Swift songs, she did hit the nail on the head when she writes "We're happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time
It's miserable and magical, oh, yeah."
I try to focus on the happy and magical parts.


So here's to being 22 and looking forward to the rest of my life. 
Here I come Syracuse!!!! 
(Well, in a month.)

No comments:

Post a Comment