Saturday, July 18, 2015

Visit to Portland, OR

    A week ago I was able to visit Portland (finally!!!) and befriend this infamous city! (Now I can officially say I have visited both Portlands in the US and I believe each of them are super charming!) There are so many wonderful places to see and we simply had a day to explore so plans to visit again are in the works already. I was able to go with two other counselors, one is a Portland native, and our boss.
   
     We first went to this great area of food trucks and we each got delicious grilled cheese sandwiches. And since my boss didn't want her pickle I had two! Then we needed dessert so we went to Blue Star (for those of you that know Portland well, I promise to try VooDoo donuts next time) and I devoured a Blueberry Bourbon Basil donut like it was my job! I insisted upon one thing during my maiden voyage to Portland, a visit to Powell's bookstore. I could have easily spent a full weekend exploring this wonderful place and will definitely revisit. My favorite thing I found in the bookstore?! A pop up book of The Little Prince ----best.thing.ever! We enjoyed some delicious coffee and then headed towards the zoo. My boss had tickets for the Indigo Girls concert so another counselor and I just tagged along. I have to say, the concert and the people watching were quite a good time. We played Phase 10 and Heads Up while we waited for the concert to begin and then enjoyed three hours of good music; I really appreciated the quality showcase of musical talent rather than a fancy theatrical performance. It was a full day but I know there are more wonderful things that await me upon my return!










No comments:

Post a Comment