Sunday, September 22, 2013

Becoming Home

    Although Syracuse may not be the most well known city, I am so glad to be here and I want to tell you a bit out why I love it! 
HOME
My house!

Great for:
-making and eating delicious dinners
-playing hide and go seek in the dark
-sitting on the roof
-playing music and having sing alongs
-snuggling under covers

Not cool:
- we had fleas....all gone now, don't worry
-unpainted walls, to be remedied soon!
-downstairs heat doesn't work
-very sensitive smoke detectors

WORK
Welcome to Samaritan Center!

My desk at work.

Need a meal?

Great for: 
-always having hot coffee and cookies
-getting exercise up and down three flights of stairs
-interacting with guests
-never needing to pack a lunch
-did I mention the cookies?
-downtown and therefore close to coffee shops
-working with awesome people

Not cool:
-when volunteers don't show up even though they are scheduled
-the added weight of eating so many cookies
-overly scented toiletry closet that makes me sneeze

And just a side note, I saw this store one of the first days I was in the city and I knew I was meant to be here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment